College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences Griffin Campus

DSpace/Manakin Repository

College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences Griffin Campus

 

For more than 100 years, the Griffin Campus has played a leading role in the development of modern agriculture in the South. The campus was first established as the Georgia Experiment Station in 1888 as a result of the federal Hatch Act. The residents of Spalding County successfully lobbied for the experiment station to be located on what was then the Bates Farm. Today, the Griffin Campus is one of the premier agricultural research centers in the region and is poised to address research, extension and teaching needs of the 21st Century. Campus programs work toward the state land grant university mission: to teach, to inquire and to serve.

Collections in this community

Recent Submissions