College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences Tifton Campus

DSpace/Manakin Repository

College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences Tifton Campus

 

In 1918, the Georgia Land Owner's Association, a coastal plain organization led by Captain H.H. Tift and William Stillwell, successfully lobbied the state legislature to create an agricultural experiment station in the coastal plain. This was the seed of what now has grown into the University of Georgia Tifton Campus. The autonomous station would be affiliated with the state's land-grant College of Agriculture located at UGA and would provide research-based information on coastal plain agriculture.

Collections in this community

Recent Submissions